Friday, January 16, 2009

Two Weeks

So it hasn't really been 2 weeks yet but it's getting close.  I'm starting to sort of settle in to my new life.  It's been pretty crazy.  I'm taking two classes at the community college as well as one online.  That's a new experience but I've learned that school is school.  Professors aren't any different from teachers, you get good ones and bad ones.  Both of my classes have interesting material but in both classes there will be a lot of stuff I'm not interested in.  By the way, I'm taking a cultural anthropology class and a course called social problems which is a sociology course.  Then I'm taking accounting online.  So that's school.  Then there's a youth group that meets here every Tuesday (I think I might have said that in my previous post but I can't remember so let's pretend I didn't).  The youth group has people ranging from 6 to 24 years old in it so we're thinking of getting rid of the youth group label.  But anyways, everyone eats dinner together and then does worship together then it splits into junior high, which is really anyone under 13, and the older group which is everyone else.  So last Tuesday I did the lesson for the junior high group.  That was an interesting experience because I had never really interacted with those kids before so I had no idea what it would be like.  I had only been to the youth group once and I had been with the older folk.  But it went well.  The kids were kind of crazy and there was no evidence that they really connected to the message but I was able to get to know them and God showed me a lot about how I can do better in the future.  And it was a good growing experience for me.  I was given the opportunity on Sunday, God told me to take it, I spent the next two days praying and worrying and writing and burning myself (that was in learning how to do a cool little trick for the illustration, it was sweeeet!).  God gave me something to talk about and showed me that he really is with me when he asks me to do something.  At this point I miss home and everyone I've left but I know God is good and I'm learning a lot of stuff I need to learn.  This is my life and I'm trying to make it count.

1 comment:

  1. Will you do your cool illustration for us on Monday?? I can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete