Tuesday, January 6, 2009

So this is the third day of Exodus Leadership Training.  So far it has been fun.  It's hard to write about because it's a lot of changes.  It's hard to tell what things I'm learning are because it's Exodus and what things I'm learning just because I've moved out and am sort of living on my own.  I think I can explain what the program is going to be like a bit better than I could before.  It's just as much about us being a team that will have an impact in the things we do around here (like a Tuesday night youth group, a kids night, service projects) and in speaking in places as it is about training and teaching.  PJ's (Pastor Jason, the head honcho) philosophy on learning is that when you really learn is when you need it.  So our focus is on how we can impact the world for God's Kingdom here and now.  Through that there will be a lot of learning but basically the rubber is hitting the road.  We run a youth group every Tuesday and what we do there matters in kids lives.  Our first speaking engagement is on Feb. 1st which is coming up fast.  So while we are doing training and memorizing scripture and doing some reading, the focus is on our ministries.   I don't know if any of that makes sense, I'm slightly distracted and in a cafe while writing this.  That's another thing, they want us to get out as much as possible so that we're available for God to use in people's lives and aren't cut off at home.  I think that's enough for today, I've got some reading I have to do.  A lot of you said you wanted to know what's going on so I hope this does that.  I should write new posts every once in a while.  I don't know if you can subscribe to my posts or not, if you want me to send you an email every time I have a new post just leave a comment or email me.  Same for if you have any questions.  If you want more personalized conversation just send me an email and I should get back to you.  God bless you, and remember: You have one life, make it count!

No comments:

Post a Comment